Tuesday, November 11, 2008

'Stop that noise,' Atticus said.
His curtness stung me. The comb was midway in its journey and i banged it down. For no reason i felt myself beginning to cry, but i could not stop. This was not my father. My father never thought these thoughts. My father never spoke so. Through my tears i saw Jem standing in a similar pool of isolation, his head cocked to one side.
-- To Kill A Mockingbird, Harper Lee--

i understand. it's okay. go ahead. you go do your work and you go show me your attitude. it's fine if you don't want to see me graduate, i understand. work's more important. i get it. please, don't inconvenience yourself. i'd rather you don't go then be there for the sake of being there and make comments to yourself how your schedule's all screwed up. and for you, fuck your attitude. you're already nearing fifty, wake the fuck up and stop acting like a little spoilt brat. really, your little girl pampered personna never fails to astound me.
Just go. both of you.

i'd rather die than admit it to your face that i'm hurt.

No comments: